In The Interview: Episode #05, Ciara Pressler interviews Adam Huttler, founder, CEO, and expert in business model innovation and revenue strategies for mission-driven organizations.
Adam and Ciara talk about…
- Running a national nonprofit
- How to know when to stick with a project or move on to something else
- Building a product that utilizes a wide skill set but yet specific enough to gain a market share
- What funders look for in startups
- Practices that lead to success
- Red flags to avoid in pitching ideas
Adam Huttler is the founder and CEO of MonkeyPod, an all-in-one software platform for nonprofit organizations that supports accounting, donor management, fundraising, collaboration, and more. A serial entrepreneur at the intersection of technology, culture, and social justice, his career emphasizes developing innovative business models and revenue strategies for mission-driven companies, in both the for-profit and non-profit sectors. Additionally, in 2017, Huttler launched Exponential Creativity Ventures, a boutique venture capital fund backing early-stage technology companies that support human creative capacity. Huttler has been named to Crain’s New York Business’s 2016 “40 Under Forty” class and was listed by Barry’s Blog as one of the “Top 50 Most Powerful and Influential Leaders in Nonprofit Arts” for five consecutive years.