In The Interview: Episode #03, Ciara Pressler interviews Aurin Squire, New York playwright, reporter, and screenwriter.
Aurin and Ciara talk about…
- Writing for stage and screen
- The necessity of a creative community and collaboration in achieving success
- Grappling with internal validation in theatre arts
- Pursuing driving passions
- Turning the inner critic into internal motivation
- Cultivating a meditation practice
Aurin Squire is an award-winning playwright, reporter, and multimedia artist. Currently, he’s a supervising producer on the tv dramas The Good Fight and Evil. He’s also been a writer on This Is Us and BrainDead. As a New Dramatists resident playwright, he has commissions at Miami New Drama and Lean Ensemble in South Carolina for his new historical dramas. Squire is the recipient of many awards including the Helen Merrill Prize for Emerging Writers, Seattle Public Theatre’s Emerald Prize, National Black Theatre’s I Am Soul Fellowship, the Dramatist Guild of America Fellowship, Brooklyn Arts Exchange Artist in Residency, and a US playwright residency at Royal Court Theatre in London. His plays have received world premieres in New York, London, Chicago, Miami, and Los Angeles. As an indie journalist his articles have appeared in The New Republic, Talking Points Memo, ESPN, The Chicago Tribune, and The Miami Herald.