In The Interview: Episode #13, Ciara Pressler interviews Jelani Memory, author, publisher, and startup founder with a successful exit.
Jelani and Ciara talk about…
- His company A Kids Book About
- How books can help give kids permission to have difficult but necessary conversations
- Being a creative story teller
- Making mistakes in building a company
- Self selection in publishing
- How his books allow children the dignity of having complicated lives and real fears
Jelani Memory is an author, publisher, and co-founder of A Kids Book About, a collection of children’s books that kickstart challenging, empowering, and important conversations for kids and their families. Prior to founding A Kids Book About, Jelani started a tech company, raised $30 million in venture capital, and left it at the height of its success to start his publishing company.