In The Interview: Episode #08, Ciara Pressler interviews Karla Starr, author, health and behavioral science fanatic, and freelance journalist.
Karla and Ciara talk about…
- Redefining relationships with uncertainty and focusing what we can control
- Human psychology and how it applies to properties of stress and resilience
- How we can apply insights of human psychology to making decisions in business
- Her upcoming book about how we can make progress despite immense uncertainty
- Her extensive research on the nature of luck
- Trusting your own abilities
Karla Starr has written for O, The Atlantic, Slate, Popular Science, the Guardian, and the Los Angeles Times, and appeared on CBS Sunday Morning. The recipient of a Best Science/Health award from the Society of Professional Journalists, her first book, Can You Learn to Be Lucky? Why Some People Seem to Win More Often Than Others, was named a Fast Company best book of the year. Starr helps individuals and organizations become unstoppable forces with unbreakable foundations.