Consciousness, entrepreneur, and law geek extraordinaire Melissa Jaffe joins me this week to discuss the importance of using business as a means to create the life you love through blissfulness. With her experience as a yoga instructor and passion for the law, she has founded Blissness School, which is designed to empower business owners by guiding a deeper level of consciousness into their business via the law. Committed to helping impact driven entrepreneurs thrive, Melissa shares the process to finding joy in business, regardless of the conditions.
- Melissa Jaffe: The difference between having a blissness instead of a business (2:30)
- Incorporating blissfulness in a business: How it began (7:57)
- At what stage in your business should you look into having a lawyer? (15:35)
- Melissa’s blissness-school can help you become a more empowered and confident business owner (20:40)
- Her vision for ‘disrupting’ the law industry to bring empowerment and light to conscious business owners (34:20)
- Top 3 mistakes entrepreneurs make over & over again (41:13)
- When to reach out to Melissa as an attorney vs. leveraging blissness school (46:18)
“This business thing will push you to grow, and that’s what we’re here to do. You’re here to grow. You are NOT here to be comfortable.”
Insights from Melissa
What’s one word that best describes how you work?
What are you currently reading?
Be Here Now
What everyday thing are you better at than anyone else?
Blissness- acknowledging the space I was born to occupy and allowing my insecurity, fear, unknown, and questioning mind to relax into the manifest reality and doing it.
What’s your best time-saving trick?
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you on?
That we don’t have a linear existence
What’s the best business advice that you’ve received?
Don’t work for free
Do you have any specific asks or requests of the audience?
Check out the Business Checklist at Blissness School!
Links and Resources
- Check out Melissa’s website
- Friend Melissa on Facebook
- Follow Melissa on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Blissness School
About Melissa Jaffe
Melissa Jaffe is the owner and principal attorney of a boutique transactional and IP law firm for creative businesses where she guides international creative companies, start-up businesses, entrepreneurs, and artists through tricky legal terrain with confidence and efficiency.
Melissa is also the founder of Blissness School, an innovative approach to offering legal assistance and other services to creative entrepreneurs and we’ll talk more about that in our discussion today.
Melissa also developed and practices HOLISTIC BUSINESS LAW, which is an approach to viewing the whole person or business, rather than taking the more traditional myopic legal view of isolated issues. Melissa has done away with hourly billing and only offers flat-fee rates for services.
In short, Melissa believes business and law are fun, and you’re meant to live in a state of Joy, especially when engaging and operating a business.
“Information and knowledge are bliss.”
Challenge of the Week
First, take inventory of your skills, interests, and desires to make sure you’re on the path to creating a joyful business.
Second, check yourself on the 3 mistakes Melissa sees so many entrepreneurs making.