“As you increase the profitability of your services, you free up your time and you free up your life.”
What if you could work fewer hours while making more money? Pia Silva will describe how to do just that! Pia is a partner and brand strategist at Badass Your Brand and Worst of All Design. She is also a Forbes Contributor and author. Pia is all about finding the value in how you spend your time so that you can increase profitability, live the way you choose, and spend time doing what makes you feel like a badass.
In this episode, you’ll learn how Pia went from being $40,000 in debt to bringing in $500,000 in sales within a 12-month span.
Highlights of This Episode:
- Why Pia chooses to be an entrepreneur (3:08)
- How near certain failure led to opportunity (12:50)
- Getting out of the weeds in your own business (14:48)
- Evaluating how you spend your time (17:09)
- The value of productizing your services (20:05)
- Learn how to attract your people (25:25)
- Figuring out what it is you really want out of your business (29:26)
- Designing your business so that you can travel (31:40)
“Any time I have any sort of failure, it’s like, ‘This is the beginning of something new and something great. Sometimes those rock bottom moments do force you to do something amazing. They’re very special, even if they don’t feel like it at the time.”
– Pia Silva
Insights from Pia:
What’s a must-read for impact entrepreneurs?
What’s the single-most important trait for entrepreneurs?
Who’s the most interesting person you’ve ever met?
- My partner and husband, Steve.
What are you better at than anyone else?
- Taking a lot of big and creative ideas and synthesizing them into very easy to understand words and concepts.
What idea or belief do very few people agree with you about?
- You should put your prices on your website.
What’s the best business advice you’ve ever received?
- “Whenever you have something to do on your calendar, ask yourself, ‘What would happen if I didn’t do it?’ And if it’s nothing, don’t do it.”
Do you have any ‘asks’ or requests of the audience?
- If you’re hustling, stop!
Mentioned in This Episode:
- Download a free Mini Brand Shrink
- Badass Your Brand
- Worst Of All Design
- Read Pia’s book Badass Your Brand: The Impatient Entrepreneur’s Guide to Turning Expertise into Profit
- Follow Pia on Instagram
- Follow on Facebook
- Connect with Pia on LinkedIn
About Pia Silva:
Entrepreneur, speaker and writer Pia Silva is a partner and brand strategist at Worstofall Design, where they build “Badass Brands without theBS” for 1-3 person service businesses in 1-3 day intensives.
Pia is a Forbes contributor and has spoken at a host of entrepreneurial organizations including Goldman Sach’s 10,000 Small Businesses, Million Dollar Women’s Summit, Squarespace, and We Work. Her company was named “Top 10 Design Firms Lead By Young People That Are Changing the Way We Look at the World” by Complex.
Her book Badass Your Brand: Impatient Entrepreneur’s Guide to Turning Expertise into Profit launched March 16th, 2017.